Your shopping cart is empty!
1 What personal information we collect about you and how we collect it
Personal information has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act and includes information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
We aim to collect personal information only if it is reasonably necessary to providing the service, good or information you have requested from us.
In the course of providing you with goods and services, we collect personal information in a variety of ways. Unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly, including by using cookies on our Website.
In some cases however, we will collect information about you from a third party. For example, we may collect personal information about you from your employer or your colleagues in connection with the provision of services to our corporate clients.
At the time of collection, or as soon as practicable after we have collected it, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to notify you of the collection and of any matters relevant to the collection, unless it is obvious from the circumstances that you would know or would expect us to have the information.
We may collect personal information about you when you:
· engage us as a service provider or supplier of goods or with a view to engaging us as a service provider or supplier of goods;
· engage with our business and its employees in the course of receiving goods or services from us;
· visit our website, www.rascalpets.com.au (Website);
· make an enquiry about our goods or services;
· become a client or debtor of the company;
· ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists;
· acquire goods or services through our Website or otherwise; and
· supply goods or services to us.
In general, you can assume that we may collect the following personal information about you:
· job title;
· billing address;
· delivery address;
· email address;
· telephone number and other contact details;
· payment information;
· details about you to assist in managing our relationship with you; and
· details of the goods or services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those goods and services and respond to your enquiries.
For each visitor to our Website, we may also collect the following non-personally identifiable information:
· browser type, version and language;
· operating system;
· pages viewed while browsing the Websites; and
· page access times and referring website address.
3 Purpose of collection
We collect personal information primarily to:
· provide you with the goods, services and information that you request from us or from third parties to which we provide goods and services, such as your employer;
· provide you with information about Rascal Pets’ goods and services;
· suggest Rascal Pets goods and services to you; and
· manage our relationship with you.
If it is reasonable to expect that we would use or disclose your personal information for purposes which are related to the above primary purposes, we may also use or disclose your personal information to:
· assist you with enquiries or complaints;
· develop and improve our client service and relationships;
· promote, advertise and market any of our goods and services;
· comply with our legal obligations (including to comply with any law or any lawful request of a law enforcement agency or government authority), resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our clients and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
· inform you of developments at Rascal Pets and other goods or services that we can provide.
We may use information collected through our Website for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at our Website.
Where possible, we will provide you with a choice to opt-out of any of our marketing communications. We will respect your request to decline to receive these marketing communications.
4 Sharing of your personal information
We may also disclose your personal information to:
· external providers of services that we may use to operate our business and manage our business systems (for example, this may include file storage service providers, database and mailing service providers, marketing service providers; couriers and/or freight service providers, printers, call centres, providers of payment processing and identity verification services and IT technicians who may need access when providing on-site support (although it is our practice for them to work under supervision);
· our professional advisors and agents; or
· our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners.
We may disclose your personal information to these third parties so that they can assist us with providing the best possible service to you.
Those companies will be permitted to access only the personal information they need to deliver the service to Rascal Pets or to you. Rascal Pets takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Personal information that we hold about you may be held on servers located in Australia or in the data centers of Rascal Pets’ outsourced database service providers with data centers in Poland. Rascal Pets takes reasonable steps to verify the security arrangements of its outsourced data processors.
When you provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to store your personal information outside of Australia for the purposes described above and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act.
We are not otherwise likely to disclose information to overseas recipients unless it is with your consent, or the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
The privacy and collection practices of entities to which we disclose personal information are governed by their own privacy policies and collection notices.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless the disclosure:
· is required or authorised by law; or
· you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
5 Quality of your personal information
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you believe that the information we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
If we do not believe the information to be incorrect, we will take reasonable steps to add a statement to the information claiming that you believe the information is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date.
6 Securing your personal information
We may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy form. We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example:
· electronic files are stored with file encryption security and are protected by folder by folder access permission controls;
· our offices are securely locked after hours;
· all computers have password protection;
· our office are monitored with a 24 hour security system; and
· our Website and servers are protected by a firewall.
reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if
it is no longer needed.
8 Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have a right to request access to, or the correction of, your personal information that we hold about you, subject to exceptions allowed by law. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
We will give you access to, or correct, your personal information unless there is a lawful reason for refusing your request for access or correction. If we refuse your request we will give you a written notice explaining our reasons for that refusal and how you may complain about that refusal.
9 Change in control of Rascal Pets
If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Rascal Pets or our business to another organisation (including in the course of a transaction like a sale, merger or acquisition or as part of a dissolution, liquidation, administration, receivership or other form of insolvency), you agree that your personal information that is collected by Rascal Pets may be disclosed to a third party, prospective buyer, transferee or insolvency practitioner and that this is reasonable to enable that party to continue or manage the business.